Friendly’s Ice Cream Expands Iconic Sundae Cup LineupFriendly’s Ice Cream, LLC, the operator of over 250 Friendly’s restaurants and a manufacturer of ice cream products distributed in over 8,000 retail outlets, is excited to introduce ten new, one of a kind sundae cups to supermarket freezers across the Northeast. Available now at local grocery stores, ice cream enthusiasts can take their pick of eight new everyday flavors, including Strawberry Cake Krunch and Cherry Chocolate Chunk, along with two limited edition options like Wattamelon, a unique take on Friendly’s beloved Wattamelon Roll, and Crayola Color Me Sundae, a sundae cup version of Friendly’s Crayola Decorate Your Own Ice Cream Cake. A staple at birthday parties and a must-have for everyday celebrations, Friendly’s sundae cups provide an element of convenience with their individual sizing and tops, which allow for easy, on-the-go snacking and storage.
Friendly’s newest additions to the sundae cup family include the following rich and creamy flavors:
- Candy Bar - nougat ice cream covered with rich fudge and caramel topping, milk chocolate chips and chocolate-coated peanuts
- Chocolate Cake Krunch - layers of chocolate ice cream separated chocolaty crunchies, all topped with fudge and additional chocolaty crunchies
- Salted Caramel Cake Krunch - two layers of salted caramel ice cream separated by a layer of chocolaty crunchies topped with caramel sauce and more chocolaty crunchies
- Cherry Chocolate Chunk - cherry ice cream with real cherry pieces topped with fudge, whipped topping and chocolate flakes
- Heath - toffee ice cream loaded with Heath candy that’s topped with caramel, fudge and chocolate flakes
- Strawberry Cake Krunch - layers of strawberry and vanilla ice cream separated by layer of pink & white vanilla crunchies, topped with strawberry sauce, whipped topping and more crunchies
- Original Chocolate Fudge - chocolate ice cream topped with fudge, whipped topping and chocolate chunks
- Original Caramel Sundae - vanilla ice cream topped with caramel sauce, whipped topping and chocolate chunks
- Crayola Color Me Sundae - layers of green and yellow vanilla flavored ice cream topped with blue marshmallow whipped topping and colored sprinkles
- Wattamelon - refreshing watermelon sherbet mixed with chocolate chips that’s topped with green icing and chocolate flakes
Friendly’s sundae cups retail for $1.49-$1.69 and are available for purchase in select local grocery stores in Vermont, New York, Maine, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Connecticut. The limited edition Wattamelon sundae cup will be available March through September, and the Crayola Color Me Sundae will be available March through January. Friendly’s new sundae cups will be sold in conjunction with the brand’s existing six sundae cup flavors, which include Original Fudge, REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup, REESE’S Pieces, Ice Cream Cake, Jim Dandy, and Cookie Dough.